Headache as I try to fall asleep/ feel like fainting
Hi everyone.  I have been suffering from a huge problem for the past six weeks   As I start to drift asleep, I start getting pain in my hands and feet and body ache and a back of the headache and ear pressure.  Its scary, like I am fainting.  I cannot sleep at all.  The headache is also present when I am awake but most sharp as I fall asleep.  Is it something with my breathing?  I have had a brain MRI, (negative) and a chest CT which does not show any respiratory disease.  I am sleep deprived and panicked  Its like the blood is being cut off to my head and I get head rushes.  Its worse when I use the computer before sleep.  Im so scared.   I started to take Klonopin for the anxiety but on nights like tonight, its 3am and its not even helping.  Is this a weird form of sleep apnea?   I have measured my blood pressure and it gets very low (75/44).  Could that have something to do with it?  It is largely normal when I am not sleeping and I do not have orthostatic hypotension.
Help!  (45 female)
L
Have you discussed obstructive sleep apnea with your doctor?

When I suspected this problem (I am a lot older and had only suffocation symptoms) I purchased a finger Oximeter and measured my oxygen saturation level and pulse when I woke up with at night.  I kept the meter, a small inexpensive device, on my night stand.  It showed I had low oxygen saturation at those time.  I discussed with my primary care doctor and he prescribed a over-night recording oximeter test which confirmed the problem  A full sleep sturdy also confirmed I suffer from mild obstructive sleep apnea.

I got a lot of improvement by simply losing some weight, about 10% of my previous body weight.  I wasn't huge, just over weight, seems much was in my throat/face (and of course belly).