Sleep Disorders Community
Hearing music

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Hearing music

I'm 16 and was diagnosed with PCOS  8 months ago and have been on Metformin for it since. When I was 12-13 some nights when I went to bed I would hear music as I tried to sleep. No voices just the muted sound of dumbs and brass instruments. It was only at night and usually only when I had one ear to my pillow. For a while I thought it was the TV below my room, but after checking multiple nights and finding the TV off I told my parents. They didn't seem concerned and it eventually sent away. But it's come back, worse then before. Now it's anytime I'm laying on my bed late at night. I know that PCOS kids can suffer from increased stress and depression. And I know Metformin can cause some kind of vid.B defficancy, that inturn can increase mood swings. I'v recently lost my Aunt to depression and my best friend and i faught and she just left me shortly after. I don't wana admit I'm depressed and I don't Saba scare my parents. Any thoughts? I just want to make the music stop, it kinda scares me and makes me feel like iv gone crazy, hearing stuff that isnt there. Thanks
-stosh nut
  • Question (1 replies):
    Sometimes when I go to sleep at night I go into a deep s...[more]
Wana not "Saba" srry (stupid auto correct)
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Don’t worry as the commonest cause for irregular menstruation and anovulatory (eggless) cycles is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, where in due to hormonal irregularities the person has symptoms of irregular menstruation, weight gain, insulin resistance (diabetes) and excess androgenic activity causing facial hair. But the good news is that with medication the anovulatory cycles can be made ovulatory (with eggs) and the periods will also be regularized.

As for your other symptoms, what you are experiencing could be hallucinations and delusions and they can occur with certain medications, stress, sleep deprivation, in certain brain disorders and with schizophrenia or bipolar disorders. You will need to consult your primary care physician for assessment and he may then refer you to a psychiatrist if needed.

Hope This Helped and Do Keep Us Posted!!
Sometimes I hear the same thing, I have found that I am hearing my heart beat, sometimes it is louder than other times, I guess according to my stress level. Pray about it, The Lord above will not put more on your mind than you can handle. Hope this helps!