Hearing voices etc when half asleep?
I have been diagnosed with anxiety disorder and panic attacks, and it is starting to affect my sleep. I have undergone severe amounts of stress in the last month or two. For the past few weeks, I have noticed that I am hearing things right before I nod off. It usually isn't so bad - maybe a knock at the door. But last night, I woke up quite anxious. I tried to go back to sleep, but as soon as I was about to, I heard a very loud and vivid voice saying, "hello!" I'm so scared about this. I'm worried that I am now developing schizophrenia or something. Would this have any other explanation? Perhaps high amounts of stress and disturbed sleep? On a good night I can only get around 6 hours, and I'm constantly waking up during the night. I'm on meds - 50mg sertraline which I started nearly 2 weeks ago, and 2.5mg of olanzapine for anxiety. Please help, I'm so scared that I'm going mad and will never sleep again!!
Are You seeing a regular therapist'?...
It is definately something that needs to be mentioned to Your doctor or therapist best if it was the doctor who prescribed the medication and has a rough idea of Your medical History.
Try not to panic, it will not help.
I agree with everything Princessdaniella said,but I would add. That it could also be that your starting to go to sleep and in that half and half state you're starting to dream, but because your in a time in your life. That your anxiety is so high you are jolted awake making it seem like you heard the vioce that was in your dream. I hope that makes since to you. You should definately see your Dr, and find out if it's a side affect of the medicine.
Thank you for your feedback :)

I have a therapist/counsellor, and I've been such a collosal mess today that I had to call her. She thinks it is both the medication and the stress. I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow and explain what's going on - I hope there's a good explanation to this. Angeleyes1015, yes - what you said makes sense and I'm praying that it was a voice I heard during sleep and not an actual hallucination. I definitely have a lot of instances where I'm half asleep/awake and am still dreaming, but usually it's easy to distinguish if you know what I mean.
i gt the same things whewn im extra tired or didnt sleep well the nite b 4..i will be dozing even and hear a loud noise..just noises..sometimes i hear voices but only people i know..or have been thinking about....yes im glad you posted this lol...but ur not crazy..im bipolar among others..i may be..

it dont happen when i go to sleep at nights its only during a afternoon nap..