Sleep Disorders Community
Help please. I am writing a book

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Help please. I am writing a book

I am Garth Howell, live in the UK and am a OSA sufferer and am on CPAP treatment.
Becoming aware of how under diagnosed sleep apnea is and how dangerous the condition is I decided to write a book about and have published it as an Amazon  Kindle book and a paperback via Amazon Createspace and it is titled All you need to know.... about Sleep Apnea by Garth Howell and can be viewed on Amazon by going to the Kindle store and selecting Garth Howell.

I am now looking to produce a book about the experiences of OSA sufferers. I am seeking information about symptoms, diagnosis treatment, how they were handled and particularly about treatment, the success and whether they are comfortable with it. I would like information from those who may have experienced Provent Technology.

Interestingly I was talking to my Doctor yesterday and telling him about this project. His view was that it could be a helpful resource.

Naturally, your answers would never be linked to your name and those contributing will receive a comlimentary copy of  the book once it is published.
If you would like to receive my questionnaire please send me an e-mail at ***@****. I will send it out to within 24 hours.
Thank you.
Garth Howell
hi my daughter has OSA,she is 18 just turned,she was supposed to do a CPAP trial and she refused it once we got home as she was too frightened of the mask,as she sleeps with her mouth open she needs the full mask,but she point blank refused,.im now searching for alternative options..my daughter has learning difficulties,and although she is as bright as a button..she didnt like the CPAP an as much as i was heartbroken,i cant force her to have it.. she has a rare muscle disease,so im pretty scared now wondering what i can do
How awful for her. You are quite correct in saying that as she breathes with her mouth open she needs a full face mask. I use a full face mask and yes, it was difficult for the first week or so and I hated it.

Now however I cannot sleep without the CPAP and get a wonderful nights sleep. I'm not a medic and therefore cannot advise you but speak to your doctor and ask if there are any options available. CPAP is regarded as gold standard treatment but some people have achieved successful outcomes from surgery.

I do hope that are able to persuade her to try CPAP for a few nights. It really does work.

Best of luck

GH  
hi,thankyou for your kind patronizing words that basically didnt tell me information i didnt already know.... i replied to your post in good faith.so good look with your quest and your book