Sleep Disorders Community
I dream every night and sometimes jump up attacking spiders

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

I think i have been dreaming every night for the past 3 months. In this time i've been expereincing constant derealisation (feeling of unreality).. It takes alot to wake me up though, the door bell rang about 5 times this mornin and it loud! i sort of open my eyes then drift back again straight away. When i do normaly get up i feel very disorientated, i tend to think 'whats going on?'. I'll find it very hard to get out of bed in the mornin too. I more than often jump up attacking spiders or shouting help or somthing. (Obviously i don't like spiders lol)

The worst thing about this is the derealisation though which i didnt take to well too when i first got the problem but now i can cope with it. Does anyone have any idea whats going on here? Do you think my feelings of unreality are linked with this sleeping situation?

tx
Symptoms like yours can be caused by some meds. Low oxygen to the brain in the case of sleep apnea can cause hallucinations and/or bad dreams, as can other sleep disorders. Difficulty awakening can be anything from being awakened during deep sleep to having such disturbed sleep one is not rested. Being disoriented briefly on awakening can happen if you wake up during a dream.

A sleep study is your best option to get answers that are more than a guess.
To all of those seeing spiders, I think it is a spiritual warning. I don't understand it completely, but the first time I did this, waking to actually see a spider, scream, tell my boyfriend, jump out of bed, then be unsure of what happened, was about 10 years ago. He is a very clairvoyant, clairaudient atheist, if that makes any sense to you, and he finally told me, "...I think your spiders are me". I'm still not sure what he knew, but sure enough, it only happened when he was around, and once we broke up, they went away. I broke up with him because he was depressive and negative. Just now, the reason I found myself on this site, I woke up to another. I screamed and jumped out of bed and turned on the light. it took me a while to regain myself. I then looked at my phone, ringer on silent. A toxic person, who I would consider a rapist and unstable, whom I was barely dating before I realized this, had texted to say he was coming over to bring me my necklace that he conveniently put in his pocket when I told him to leave my house and never return. He had called me several times, just minutes before I woke up, at 145am. surely he was at the door, or snooping around...ugh...so scary. Everything is locked. There have been other occurrences in between that I don't remember as clearly what I was going through, but that ay the time also convinced me that this type of spider represents a toxic person, or possibly spirit. stay away.