Sleep Disorders Community
I feel like im dying, please help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

I feel like im dying, please help.

I don't know what it is, or how to explain it, but I'll try to the best of my ability. As of late, and getting more frequent, iv'e been waking up completely and utterly disoriented. now it not the usually disorientation that most people feel, my eyes are blurred and i can't see mush, and I feel like i'm not in my body, like i'm watching through my eyes as my body does its best to wake up. I feel like im not thinking about anything at the moment either, like a moment of confusion. I roll back and forth on the bed trying to get collected before I snap out of it. I wish I could tell you more but iv'e never experience anything I can compare it too. I like I'm dying and I'm terrified. please help me!
It sounds like a panic attack. Do you have a history of anxiety? I would adivse you to google the symptoms of panic attacks and compare that list to your symptoms.
It is possible to have a panic attack in the middle of the night. Panic attacks are terrifying if you have never had one before. The feeling that you are watching your self from outside your body is called depersonalization and and it is a common symptom of panic. My younger sis used to have panic attacks, she didn't know what was happening to her and she actually went to the emergency room because she felt as though she were dying. I started having panic attacks when I was 7-8 years old and I have experienced them in varying degrees ever since then. They were at their worst when I was 14-15 years old. I dropped out of school when I was 16 because they were so intense.