Sleep Disorders Community
I have a pimple/cyst sort of bump on my left knee cap?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

I have a pimple/cyst sort of bump on my left knee cap, and it's reddish purple. It dosnt hurt, its about the seize of a large pea. its really annoying and ugly. AND IT WONT POP! i even tried poping it with a pin, and it didn't work. PLEASE HELP.
   Hi there i have had the same problem for years the same knee everything the same as you Weird , Please take care ...........Bob
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The ‘bump’ could be an abscess, which is a collection of pus. Please don't venture to meddle as this could promote the infection. The abscess may need to be drained and you may need antibiotic coverage to tackle the infection. You may need to consult your primary care physician who will examine you and initiate appropriate therapy. In the meantime you can take OTC pain medication Ibuprofen. Ensure to take this medication after food to avoid gastritis.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.