Sleep Disorders Community
I keep waking up suddenly and hallucinating spiders?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Lately I have been waking up suddenly and see a gigantic black spider on my roof, I then scream and try to run out of my room.
This happens a fair bit but usually it disappears and I am able to eventually realise it is not real, but now it seems to have intensified. I wake up, think I see a spider and each time I try to run its like my body just stops working and I can't move. This morning I tried running away from the "spider" and I've ended up hurting my leg from it. The other morning it happened again but that time my legs cramped up and I couldn't walk. That has never happened to me before. I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else or if this makes sense but any advice would be appreciated.