I sleep 15 hours a day
I am sick of this!  Can anyone help.  I can easily sleep 15 hours a day and still feel tired.  I was diagnosed with moderate (13) sleep apnea several years ago but never could get used to the CPAP.  I have Disk Degenerative Disease with two vertebra abnormalities.  In addition I am being treated for hi blood pressure, hi cholesterol, fibromyalgia with Gabapentin, zoloft. etc.  Could it be all of these drugs?  I also had a blood test and am now taking 1000 mg of Vit. D, and Vit B.  But I still sleep 15 hours and always feel tired.  I don't know how I can work next year, I am a 3rd grade teacher.  help!    (I am not overweight)  A very frustrated teacher...
Your sleepiness and fatigue is definitely a result of untreated sleep apnea which gets worse with age. Do you know why you cannot get used to the CPAP.  There are many different treatments for sleep apnea.  I suggest you check out sleep apnea support sites for more info. - www.apneasupport.org and www.cpaptalk.com  Since you are not overweight you may be a good candidate for sleep apnea surgery but don't do the UPPP.
I also have sleep apnea and know that if untreated it causes high blood pressure and fibromyaglia like symptons.  Treating the sleep apnea will definitely solve some of your health problems. It took me a year to get used to CPAP but with the help of online support groups I was able to finally tolerate it.
Thank you for your comments.  You are probably right.  I will just have to try the CPAP again.  I have tried the different masks but what I hate is the revving up of the machine when I just about go to sleep.  I also have acid reflux so when I have a episode of that then I can't burp and of course I wake up.  Well I guess I should stop complaining and just do it.  If it took you an year, well I guess I will just be nodding off in the classroom this year.  (just joking, I hope)  Thank you again,  Bonnie