I suspect I am being drugged
I suspect that my wife is mixing some kind of medicine in my food. She is an anesthesiologist so has knowledge and access to drugs. Day before yesterday I went to an emergency room and told the doctor about my suspicion (without saying whom I suspected). He ordered a urine test for commonly abused substances (full list of substances is below). The test came clear. The doctor said that I was having an anxiety attack and prescribed sleeping pills for 10 days. If the pills do not cure the symptoms, I have to consult a general physician and/or a psychiatrist.
----
My questions:
1) How difficult is it to beat the drug tests?
2) Are there drugs that can induce the symptoms I am having (listed below)?
3) Can I myself order more comprehensive tests (forensic or medical labs that will do tests without a doctor's prescriptions)?
----
The reason for my suspicion:
1) As an experiment, I did not eat dinner at home for two days. My symptoms became a lot less severe.
2) Once, after dinner was served I switched my plate with my wife's. She woke up in the middle of the night and did not sleep well.

I do not want to confront her directly because there is a possibility that I actually am suffering from acute anxiety.
----
My symptoms:
1) I have no trouble falling asleep, but everyday, I wake up after about 2 hours of sleep like clockwork. When I wake up, I am immediately fully alert like a switch has been turned on. There is no gradual, transitional process of "waking up".
2) After waking up, I do not feel sleepy for about 4-5 hours but I am confused and disoriented. After being awake for 4-5 hours, I slowly start feeling sleepy and drift into sleep. This sleep is very light and I see unusually high number of dreams. This sleep lasts for less than two hours.
3) During the day time I don't feel depressed but I am a little disoriented, tired and cannot focus at work. In the morning I wake up with a heavy head with sort of a "hangover". My condition is not like when I miss a night's sleep, but more like when I had too much to drink last night.
4) My appetite is suppressed (have lost about 8 pounds in two weeks).
There are other symptoms but my mail is already too long. And they may be due to lack of sleep rather than due to any drug.
----
There has been no traumatic, stressful or disturbing event in recent days. I have not switched home or job recently. (the doctor in ER asked these questions)
--
Urine drug tests (all came out negative):
Benzodiazepines
Cocaine
Amphetamines
THC
Opiates
Barbiturates
--
My suspicions are true or I am imagining things, either way I want to know. This state of uncertainty is tough for me.
Please answer:

I will be greatly indebted to know the answeres.

http://www.healthcheckusa.com/lab_tests/
Scroll down to "Substance Abuse Testing"

However, I don't know if this is what you are looking for or need.

I do believe code 12345 is long-standing and will take 10% off your order.

Perhaps you need to enroll yourself in a sleep study/clinic. As well, I think seeking professional counseling would be beneficial.

Good luck.
Some of  your systems sounds like hypothyroidism.  Consult with an endocrinologist whos specialized with thyroied patients.  Have you following test run:  TSH, T3, T4, FreeT3, Free T4.  Hope you find some answers soon.
Thanks for the link borninquisitive.
Thanks for the reply MJ13. I searched TSH after reading your mail. My symptoms do overlap with symptoms exhibited by thyroid imbalance. I will ask my physician to order a test on it. (I have an appointment next week)
One of my friends who is a doctor asked me to meet a counselor. He thinks my problem could be acute depression or anxiety.