I think I had a nocturnal seizure
Hi.  I'm 23 years old (male) and I don't have a history of reoccurring seizures, though I had one before and after a EEG and a "sleep EEG" (in which I was sleep deprived) was diagnosed normal, I think I just experienced one during my sleep, though I can't be sure.

I remember the last part of my dream, which was me seeing someone fall out of bed having a seizure through their window, and (confirmed by my girlfriend) I yelled out (which is when I woke up).  I don't think I could move, and my arms were sticking up into the air at my elbows, then I think I shook more, at least that's what it felt like.

I had been sleep deprived (less than 5 hours/night) for the last two nights.  And also, normally when I wake up during the middle of the night, I have a slight concept of about what time it would be.   I was sure this time that I had been sleeping for at least 6 hours, but found upon looking at the clock I had been sleeping for less than 2.

Has me kind of freaked out, any help, answers or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Hello.

It is rare for someone to be aware of surrounding while having a generalized seizure. I am not sure if your lower limbs also had some jerks. if it was only the upper limbs, you probably had a partial seizure. It may have been an abortive seizure, which means the seizure gets aborted before it takes a full blown form.

It is possible that this was a seizure. Please get a fresh EEG done. If the EEG comes back normal, you can relax.

Regards
Hi, relax! a very bad dream can trigger such episodes when you are stressed mentally. Still you need to see a neurologist for a second opinion and to be sure it is not seizure. Take alprazolam at bed time and drink lot of water. Have a hot shower before going to bed and make a habit to listen soft music at bed time. Keep updating about visit. Bye.