Sleep Disorders Community
I wake up to see people talking to me in my room?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

It's been happening for a while now, and I never thought It was a problem until it began reoccurring quite often.

I'd wake up in the middle of the night, normally between 1:00-3:00 A.M., to see people in my room, on my bed, or in the corners. Once I see them, I can't go back to sleep. They talk to me, and I can clearly hear their voices and what they're saying. I answer their questions, talk to them, and tell them most of the time that I have to get back to sleep.

Once I'd tell them I have to get back to sleep, they'd disagree, and try to hold onto me by mocking me, or making fun of my hair or something.

I can get up from my bed, walk around, and they'd stay there or watch where I was going.

One time, I was sitting straight up in bed when I saw a lady come through my door with a straightener in her hands. She was walking, and kept her eyes straight on me the entire time. She stopped at the end of my bed, and held out the straightener for me. I crawled out of my covers, over towards the edge of my bed, and reached out to grab what she was holding. She stood still, and watched as I tried to grab it. When I found out I couldn't, I looked back up and she disappeared.

I always though I was hallucinating, until one night around 10:30 right after I got under my covers (I was wide awake, and about to try to fall asleep), I looked over towards my desk to see two people sitting on my chair, and one sitting on a drawer that was pulled out. I immediately grew scared, seeing they were staring right at me, and tried to close my eyes to imagine them away, though they stayed. It was probably the weirdest thing that has happened, because everyone in my house was awake, and the lights were on in the hallway, as well as my brothers door was opened and his lights and TV were both on. I wasn't asleep, and I was no where near tired.

Can you help me?

I swear I'm not crazy.
I don't know whether you have been to see a psychiatrist at all. Are you on any medication for treatment of any other illness or are you under a great deal of stress and prone to depression. You understand that what is happening to you is something that only you can see and therefore not normal or an hallucination otherwise you would have been able to take the straightener from the lady. My advise is to see someone - psychiatrist - and see what is happening. If it is serious there may be no way back but medication can help. Not to mention that you need your rest. I am bipolar so I know how distressing this all can be. Good luck
Hi, welcome to the forum, you are going through visual hallucinations which seen due to neuroophthalmologic dysfunction resulting from a wide variety of underlying etiologies. This condition can overlap with visual illusions which include distortions of size (micropsia or macropsia), shape (metamorphopsia), and color (dyschromatopsia).

The type of hallucinations you are experiencing is known as Complex or formed hallucinations as you see things with details like animals, people etc (lady with straightener  and pepople in your case). In such cases it is very important to note any other conditions like eye problems, stress, confusion, memory loss, alcohol, drug, and medication history is also important.

Conditions which can present with such symptoms are Migraine (aura manifests as visual hallucination), Seizures, Alcohol and drug use, psychiatric illness and metabolic encephalopathy. Any family history of any such occurrences are also important.

You need to undergo polysomnyography (PSG) to rule out sleep disorder, EEG to rule out any epileptic foci, and also psychiatric evaluation which will help to rule out any factor.

I suggest you to sleep with lights on, good sleep hygiene, long acting sedatives against prescription will help you maintain sleep, keep away from any triggering factor (smell, food etc. need to be identified.), share your inner feelings with family and friends, hot and cold water bath will help you to alleviate condition.

I suggest you to consult neurophysician/psychiatrist for further evaluation. Take care and regards.

sir, I am emmanul, and I am aware that I have a micropsia, can you tell me its benefits?
There's a lot of strange things going on in the world. If their just spirits you might be able to get rid of them by putting an egg in each corner of the room.

Here's my story: He's messed with my life for 5 years now and for the last six months this is what's going on.

I’ve got new for all of you…. Living people who are very strong mediums and they are attacking people. One taught me to channel with him and did it to continually threaten mine and my sons lives. He's mentally ill.

This Dianetics info is what he’s using on me. The Church of Scientology taught him this.

Read it!
http://www.google.com/gwt/x?client=ms-hms-tmobile-wow-us&gl=US&u=http://www.garloff.de/kurt/sekten/mind1.html&ei=e_ajUa7iDsH5kALJ24GQAw&wsc=pb&ct=pg1&whp=30