Sleep Disorders Community
Im such a light sleeper?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Im such a light sleeper?

Every night , its takes me about a hour to actually fall asleep even if im tierd. some people fall asleep so fast, and then theres me taking a hour to fall asleep. and if im almost asleep and hear a noise downstairs and awake and have to wait another hour. if someone makes the slightest noise, i wakeup. a pin dropping on my floor while im sleeping with wake me up... i also have very scary dreams, that seem just so true and its scary. i guess i hallucinate... is it possible that there is medicine out there to make me have a better sleep?
From your handle you appear to be a "girl", your profile shows you as a male, that may be the default and one has to change it if needed.

I don't know about the light sleeping part other than if it is great hearing, wear earplugs.  I wish I had such great hearing, I have a "intruder" phobia and wish I could hear was is going on downstairs.

Nightmares you need to beat.  First step that worked for me many years (decades ago) was to identify the MO (method of operation, type, environment of the night mares - I was able to find some common real life facts - like a dark alley or a basement.)  Then when ever I was in a situation that could be a set up for a nightmare, I would open my eyes real wide - not pinch myself, open my eyes wide.  Soon I was doing that when my subconscious mind was setting me up for a nightmare, and I would immediately wake up.   This worked so well my subconscious mind "gave up" now I may a night mare type dream once in 6 months, maybe less...I don't recall how long ago the last one was, but I do remember it and whenever I am in the same position, I make sure I'm awake and I always am awake, so no night mare... I think my mind has given up on that scenario too.   In any case, the dream has not repeated.

Look also at Lucid Dreaming -see for example Stephen LaBerges, Stanford University on Lucid Dreaming. I read he book by that title.. this is more a method to make use of dreaming, not stop it...but for night mares, stopping is the right answer.

Good luck,