Sleep Disorders Community
Insomnia or just a phase?? help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Insomnia or just a phase?? help

hi guys. for my whole life i always got 8 hours or more of sleep for the most part. i'd sleep at like 11pm-1am and wake up around 10. this month i broke up with my gf cause it wasnt working out. since last week i had trouble sleeping i think i got 2 days of 8 horus of sleep all last week.

now this week every single day i have not had a good sleep. starting sunday night. i laid down in bed around 11 oclock. i fell asleep around 4oclock and woke up at 8. during the time i was in bed my mind would be thinking. and i would get up and use the computer and watch tv. so i woke up at 8 with a headache. i tried to take a nap during the day but i couldnt so i figured i might as well stay awak so i could get a good night of sleep on monday night.

so monday night same story.. lay down in bed around 10 this time cause i thought id be able to sleep since i only got four hours the previous day. couldnt sleep around 5 woke up at 8:30.

once again i think i should be able to sleep tuesday night considering i barely had any hours of sleep for the past 2 days. this time i even take 2 pills of nyquil. and i go to bed at 10pm, fall asleep at 4am, wake up at 9am. a good 5 hours. the most i'd get for the whole week.

so yesterday.. i couldnt take a nap even though i somewhat tried. (which i thought would help me sleep at night) i went out for a walk i bought tylonol pm at cvs. that night i took the tylonol. it made me drowsy. i went to bed without taking it to see if i could sleep. after an hour i decide to take the medicine at 11:30pm. i lay down in bed remembering the last time i looked at the clock it was around 12am. i feel like im half asleep half awake laying there for what felt like an hour. i look at the clock and it says 3am. i must have fell asleep. so i put my head down, close my eyes, and for the life of me i couldnt sleep again. til 6:30 in the morning. Then i woke up at 9:30..

what the heck is wrong with me? ive never been like this. im depressed now, stressed, and worried. im 19 years old. my mom is no help. she doesnt want me taking sleeping pills. she said it could be just a phase and that this happend to her before. i dont know though.

what do you guys think?