Is taking xanex to sleep considered preexisting condition for depression?
  I have been taking xanex to help me sleep at night if I wake up for about 6 years. I tried other meds but they left me groggy.I have  recently had some problems with extreme stress at work. I teach at a very tough school with many behavioral problems and not enough support from the school and school system. I lost my oldest son 4 years ago and have been very emotional lately.I believe the environment at work is making it far worse. I worked at another school for the past 8 years and never had  a problem. I went back to work only a week after my son's death. I am now living in another state as we wanted to be near family. I went to a psychiatrist to discuss my emotional difficulties and she recommended I take off for awhile. She is aware that the school is known for academic and behavioral problems. I have a disability insurance I purchased and hoped  to collect something until I felt ready to go back to work. I am concerned that they will turn me down and say that I have a preexisting condition for depression due to the xanex. I need the disability to pay my overhead. Is this a preexisting condition?