Sleep Disorders Community
Kicks n toss n turns n sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Kicks n toss n turns n sleep

For yrs now I've been kicking talking sitting up on random n tossing n turnin like crazy n my sleep. It stopped while I was pregnant but didn't take long to come back after. My husband yells at me n thinks it might have to do with the fact of me doin herion years ago. I'm clean have been for yrs n I'm goin crazy. Somebody plz help
It could be lots of reasons, but I doubt a bad drug experience years ago (more than 5 years?) has anything to do with your sleep problem, especially if you have periods without the problem.

One problem that goes undiagnosed is sleep apnea - lack of oxygen. This can happen to people at all ages, but is more common in the elderly - or past middle age.

If you normally sleep on your back, try sleeping on your side - I believe there are special pillows that help one sleep on their side if it is hard to accomplish.  This may help... and if it does you may want to check on the possibility that you suffer from obstructive sleep apnea.  This IS NOT a diagnosis, just trying to give you some thing to try at home, but talking with your doctor is always the best practice.

I am myself going in for a sleep study (expensive - but covered by my insurance) because I have been diagnosed with mild obstructive apnea in visual and home tests.