Left hand numbness while sleeping
Dear doctor,
I am a medical transcriptionist and I spend my whole day on computers.  For the past one and a half year, I could not sleep properly coz of stress.  Lately, I developed left hand numbness while sleeping that gets corrected by itself when I wake up and sit for some time in the mid nite.  During the day time, I feel my left hand to be weak and feel some electric shock-like sensation below the left axilla region.  Can u plz tell me wat it is?
Hi, how are you doing?. It seems you are probably having a repetitive-stress motion disorder like Carpal tunnel syndrome - is a common repetitive-stress motion disorder which is caused by nerve compression and can be quite painful, initially an affected individual may notice numbness and tingling in the hand and eventually, symptoms move on to continuous pain, often leaving the numbness and tingling behind. Another cause of left hand numbness could be nerve damage or disease where numbness is frequently associated with pain described as prickling pins-and-needles in the hand. If numbness starts in the left hand and moves to a different part of the body, it could be related to a circulatory, neurological, or muscle-related condition. Without an physical examination, it is difficult, if not impossible, to determine the cause of left hand numbness. Consult with your doctor to determine the cause of prolonged numbness.