Melatonin maximum dosage
I can't sleep was prescribed melatonin what is the maximum dosage I can take I am 16.  8 stone 12
about 5'10.
Hi, welcome to the forum, the recommended melatonin dosage is typically 3 milligrams. If it exceeds it limit it may cause nightmares and some other disorders. Initial start should be 1mg against prescription.

Melatonin is hormone that is produced naturally in the body. Your body produces the melatonin dosage that permits you to sleep at night without waking up groggy the next morning. Your body requires complete darkness to produce melatonin. If you have trouble falling asleep you should try some changes to your lifestyle before you begin to take melatonin as a dietary supplement. Changes in shift also cause altered level of melatonin.

Sleeping in darkness, comfortable bed, warm bath before sleep, fragrance in room, lot of work on day so that you should get sleep because of tiredness etc will help you. Also you need to remove stress by relaxation methods, sharing your feelings with some one close.

I suggest you to consult physician before starting the drug. Take care and regards.
Hi im 20 and actually take 10 mg of melatonin which is the highest dose but dont see very good results