Sleep Disorders Community
Neurontin
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Neurontin

I was taking 600 mg Neurontin, inconjunction with 1 mg Mirapex at night for RLS.  After about a month I started having severe joint and body aches, so bad at times, I could hardly walk.  I've been taking the Mirapex for over four years, and have had pretty good luck with it, but I was never really  able to get a good nights sleep because of the severity of my RLS.  So my doctor suggested the Neurontin.  At the same time I started taking the Neurontin, I also started taking Chantix to help me stop smoking.  After about a month, I started to develop these body aches.  My doctor said it was the Chantix however, I could not find joint pain listed as a side effect.  I did however find joint pain listed as a severe side effect for the Neurontin.  In any case, I stopped taking the Chantix first and after three days I still didn't feel better, so I stopped taking the Neurontin.  I've been off both drugs almost two weeks, and I don't feel any better.  I feel like I have the flu that never goes away.  Does anyone know how long it takes these drugs to get out of you system?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi, You can get more info on Neurontin at this URL
http://www.neurontin.com/information/
Blank
Hi,
Chantix can cause weakness, tired feeling and insomnia while neurontin causes drowsiness. The elimination half life of neurontin is 5-7 hrs while chantix has a half life of 24 hrs so at the end of two weeks i dont think there will be any trace of any of these two medicines in your body.Please consult your physician about your persistent bodyache.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...