Sleep Disorders Community
Night Sweats and Chills

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Night Sweats and Chills

For some reason, my 17 year old son has been losing sleep for the past week due to first chills then sweating through the night.  He cannot stand it anymore and won't go to the doctor.  What could be causing this?
Hi.

It is important to find out the reason for his chills and sweats. Does he have any fever, too ? This could be a viral infection. But it is not possible to diagnose the condition here.

Sleep disturbance is usually secondary to any physical illness.

Is there any particular reason why he choses not to see a doctor ?

Regards
I have been going through this problem of chills and low body tem between 96.9 and 98.3 its when my tem is this low when I have these wierd chills and cold hands sometimes I have sweating spells and I can't sleep I have been to er after er and doctor after doctor including speacialist and my thyroid and all checked,and still no one tells me what it can be I was anemic at one time but been better a year and still have these times where I get the wierd chills and low tem. Can someone please help me I don't know what else to do anymore n my life is to important to just give up , but after all these years I seem to be getting no where.