Sleep Disorders Community
Night sleep vs. Day sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Night sleep vs. Day sleep

Recently I've been suffering insomnia:  I can't sleep at nights; it's too hard for me to fall asleep.  But I sleep during the day.  

Is night sleep better than day sleep, and why?
How can I help adjust my sleep habit ???

Need help!!!
Hi Albus, how are you? Can you post some more details? How old are you and since when you are suffering with sleep problem? What was your daily routine prior to the changes in sleep pattern and what are you doing presently? There are many causes for the change in sleep pattern as frequent change in shift at work, frequent overseas traveling, tremendous stress physical and mental etc. I would like you to get a proper evaluation by a sleep specialist and get a sleep study done. Hope this link might be of helpful to you, please go through this link: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/insomnia/page2_em.htm
Stress management is most important, practice regular exercise, better to avoid excessive caffeine and alcohol. Do post us on your doctor visit and advise. Take care.
I agree with above poster.  Maybe you have your day and nights mixed up.  You may need to force yourself to stay up during the day for about a week or so to get back to normal. I wouldn't drive while going thru this time though.  Sleep is sleep but if you need to be awake during the day for any reason like family or work, then you need to find the cause of your problem. Best wishes

I just turned 21 last week.  I noticed that I started to have sleep problem since April this year.  Well, I never drink cafe or alcohol.  

I tried to go to bed at 10-11PM but I can't fall asleep until 3-4AM.  And then I often wake up at 2PM.  

About stress as a cause:  yes, I'm actually having stress as I've been preparing for a major standardized test recently.  I don't know how to reduce this stress.  

I've read somewhere that "go to bed early, rise early" is healthier than going to bed late, wake up late.  I would like to know the science basis of this fact.  
Oh, in fact, with my limited knowledge, I don't know whether the statement above is true or not.  Something I'm wondering about is whether going to sleep late & waking up late would make me lose memory and mental acumen ?!?