Sleep Disorders Community
No REM sleep
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

No REM sleep

I haven’t been able to sleep deeply for years. I had a sleep test last year, and according to the test results, I do not have sleep apnea but recorded very little third stage of sleep and no REM sleep at all. I’ve been prescribed various sleep aids, but they didn't do anything. Doctors I’ve seen here put me through many tests to help me, but nothing came up. I’ve lived this way for many years, and I’m always tired. My memory is being affected also. I’d appreciate any help I can get. One thing I do notice is I seem to be afraid of sleeping deeply. My sleep is disrupted at times with a sensation of falling. I do have nightmares rather frequently. I’m very tense all day, but I don’t know if I’m tense because I don’t sleep well or the other way around.

PS – I’m not on any medication at this time.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Have you had a sleep latency test done after the overnight sleep test?  That is how I got dx with Narcolepsy.  I get no stage 4 sleep and very little REM at night.  However, I go into almost immediate REM during time I fall asleep during the day.  
Blank
I just had a sleep study and got the same results.. NO REM! I'm so confused because I can't find ANYTHING about this on the internet. I've been on over 20 different sleep aids throughout my life with no luck. I have trouble falling asleep, trouble staying asleep, and apparently I don't get into REM. I had sleep apnea as a baby-2years old. Other than that, I've never been able to sleep well. HELP!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...