Nocturnal arm numbness
For the past several months, I have been waking up several times a night with one arm completely numb.  I am a side sleeper but it happens on the side I am NOT sleeping on.  The numbness doesn't last long so I just turn over and go back to sleep but then wake up later on with the other arm numb.  This constant waking up during the night is effecting my quality of rest.  I've tried sleeping in other positions (back, stomach) but am unable to fall asleep any way but on my side.
I also have the same problem you are describing.  Do you have sleep apnea?  I also wake up feeling very tired.  I wonder if I have some form of sleep apnea not related to obstruction.  I know there is a circulatory disorder called thoracic outlet syndrome that occludes the circulation near your clavicle or collar bone that can cause are numbness.  I was checked for it and it was negative.  This is done by obtaining a chest x-ray to visualize the structure of the bones to establish whether this is a possiblity.  Do you loose your pulses when you raise your arms?  Just a few leads that may help you.  Take care.  
hi,

You could be suffering from neuropathy. Please consult a neurologist.
Hi, probably you are suffering from nerve compression or may be vasular compression, also check you blood sugar and blood pressure. change in your sleeping posture can be of some help but if it still continues consult a neurophysician who can examine you.
My symptoms seem to be exactly the same as yours. Please could you tell me if you have seen a doctor and what they said. I am starting to get a little worried but I am out of the country at the moment and cannot see my GP. Thanks
I have experienced exactly the same problem during two 5 day periods over the last year. Sleeping on my side I am awakenned by the pain generated from numbness in the arm I am not sleeping on. After turning to the other side I am eventually awakenned by the same symtoms in the other arm. This can happen twice per arm per night. Both periods of numbness coincided with periods of extreme stress. So far I haven't been able to talk to my docter about it. If anyone has any suggestions as to cause I would appreciate hearing them.
Hi jennerbrian, how are you doing? Well, can you remember of any injury triggering the initial episode of numbness last year? Had you consulted a neurologist for a check up then? Time factor is strange, you might be suffering from a neurovascular impingement and it's pressure effects. Stress could be a triggering factor or even a worsening factor. Do you suffer from sleep deprivation? Check your blood sugar and blood pressure? Do regular stretches, exercises and yoga to overcome your stress levels. It is better to get consulted with a neurologist for complete evaluation. Take care and keep updating on your doctor advice and share your thoughts.
My numbness in my left arm at night  began after I was prescribed Lovasquin for bronchitis.  Could this be the cause?  Will it improve after I stop taking the medication?  It has occurred two nights in a row.  
The symptom disappear during the day.