Not able to stay asleep
Hi ,

I am not able to stay asleep for more than 3 hrs .I am suffering from sleep problems for the last 4 yrs.Shld I consult a sleep specialist or psychologist.I have normal weight .My primary care says that sleep specialist is only for people who are obese.What shld I do?I dont have any stress in my life currently.I definitely beleive that I shld take some action.I tried yoga and relaxation techniques.But nothing is able to keep me asleep.Even if I take sleep medicines I wake up after 3 hrs.Please advise.
Are you getting enough iodine? I suffered insomnia for 30 because no one diagnosed the problem. Every quack thought my problem was psychological. I knew it wasn't and then discovered (by an accident of diet, and then deduction) that I was severely deficient in iodine. Took iodine and finally slept. I have no patience for the easy diagnosis of "it is all in your head." That is lazy medicine. Ultimately I had to cure myself and am still angry about it.