Sleep Disorders Community
PICK MY DREAMS!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

PICK MY DREAMS!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a University or Professor I could talk to as I am interested in having my dreams analyze for say a course study? I have 4-7 dreams nightly...I LOVE my dreams which are sooo interesting to me. I keep a dream journal of course but I also keep one for sleep paralysis, lucid dreams, etc...

I hope someone can help me and would greatly appreciate any suggestions or help.

Thank you
Tags: dreams, dream journals, sleep paralysis, Lucid dreams
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Impressed to see your thought process and your enthusiasm in this field. Truly wish I could help you. A lot of studies are going on to study the importance of REM sleep, which is the dream phase of sleep. Psychologists generally agree that achieving the dream state of sleep is a critical element for maintaining good mental health. Conversely, depriving ones self from dreaming can cause a number of adverse health problems, including fatigue, reduced immune system efficiency, heart disease and mental health issues including delusions and severe cognitive reasoning deficits.

But study on dreams is still abstract. But I sincerely wish you all the LUCK and truly hope you are successful.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.