Sleep Disorders Community
Paralyzed while sleeping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Viewing 601-619 comments:
Hello, I think I may have had Sleep Paralysis last night, or something else, I don't know.  I think I was still asleep when I tried counting to ten, I don't know why I was counting to ten though, maybe it wasn't me.  First I counted to 5, but then the counting stopped. Then I tried again, but it stopped at 6.  This time it got to 8, then I started feeling a really intense feeling on my body, like my whole body was vibrating at incredible speeds, then at 9, this feeling was even stronger, then at 10 everything got quiter. I could've sworn I heard voices after I said 10. It sounded like the voices of something smaller than humans, and the language definitely didn't sound human at all.  I also heard a loud ringing in my ears after the number 10 was said.  And finally, just like everyone else here, after the ringing and voices which lasted just a few seconds went away, I found myself unable to move.  I tried to move, my eyes were open, but I just couldn't move at all.  This only lasted a few seconds, or maybe 10, then I was able to move.  But another weird thing was that right before I was able to move, it felt like I fell asleep for half a second, and then woke up normally.  This was in the morning, when I wake up normally. Even though this happened in the morning, I was still really scared to even look around in my room.
I have same thing happen to me alot, they say it is hereditary, it usually comes out more offten when your stressed, like if your sleep pattern changes..  It is a form of REM sleep, your brain puts all your muscles  to sleep. When dreaming we actually move around in a dream, we could  be running, jumping, swimming, and many other activites, the brain makes your muscles sleep so you don't hurt yourself..  All it means is your brain didn't send signals to your muscles because you are still in about a 4 second window of REM sleep.. Sometimes lasts for a few seconds sometimes  few minutes, all in all just relax,  your brain will tell your muscles to wake up, it is not a ghost, spirit, or demon.. Plain and simple it is a sleep disorder and it is a normal one..
It had started again last night and tonight but I kept getting this last year....feeling as if something heavy was on top of me and holding me tight so that I couldn't move or scream.....then I realised it wasn't a dream when I was awake and talking to my ex-boyfriend it just happened all of a sudden than my aunt said it was because I was a single girl so the devil is looking for a wife...than I started reading the bible...then last night it came back again......then 2nite it seemed like I was sleeping but all of a sudden I felt like I was floating and it seemed like before I woke my head had hit the pillow....Just now I had google what I felt and it all came down to sleep paralysis.....

And now it all makes sense.
I've been reading all the comments about it being a negative thing- but it just not true at all. I've had these since I was a kid and it just felt like the worst thing ever. I was so scared - afraid to fall asleep etc... Now I'm 33 and I cant wait for them to happen- in fact I'm trying to induce them and here's why. First let me say i'm not trying to get all new age(y) on anyone but in this state you are able to have an outer body experience. I know I know, trust me it sounds crazy to a lot of people. But I'll suggest this to anybody that's having this issue. Next time it happens just stay relaxed and start to laugh and watch what happens. The only reason why its scary is because your astral body is awake and is semi disconnected from your physical body (hence the paralyzing feeling). So that's the great thing about it its like you're seeing through your third eye (that's why you can see with your eyes closed and no one hears when you're screaming their name). Anyhow once you can actually get past the negative thoughts about it and embrace it, you'll have one of the greatest experiences ever!! I also think the more that you have these experiences the more heighten your mind is as an individual. What I mean by this is maybe your are a little bit more creative then most people or always seem to have the right intuitive thoughts before most people are aware of them. Jeez i've never written anything like this, I'm surprising right now lol. Anyhow like I said just relax and embrace it soon you'll be able to slip out of the physical world and have some real fun in life!!

I have been experiencing these symptoms for a couple of years now.  I feel as if something is holding me down against my will.  I can not move or speak a word while this is taking place.  The only thing to do is in my mind I rebuke this in Jesus name.  This however can take minutes or more before I am released from this.  As soon as I am free, I speak in tongues with authority and have no more experiences at least for that night.  
I have this too, only when Im alone and during the.day time. I always fight to wake up but i always wonder what happens when i dont fight it, and just see what will happen? Will i die or something beacuse thats what it feels like cuz i let it happen for a couple more seconds and it just felt more intense and just scares the hell out of me so i fight it...

I have had the same thing for many yrs now and when it happens i fight to say the name of JESUS and it stops at the sound of his name . try it!!
i have a solution for all of you guys.. place a water beside you when you sleep.. put it in a bottle and just put it on your side.. it will help trust me :) another one.. change room,, if u cant.. open your lights before you sleep.. this will help you.. and yes another thing thing as much as possible sleep sideways.. for sure all of this will help.. :) pray before sleeping folks .. i've been there,, but now.. im all cool
I.ve been dealing with this also since age 5. I always felt as if something horrible or evil was near me when it first started. My mother would tewll me I was just dreaming ... if I felt afraid all I had to do was talk to Jesus, rebuke it in the name of Jesus Christ. I did this just as she said and it worked. Then it all changed when my husband and I moved into our newly built dream home. I've had to learn so much in the past 7 years. Not only was I being paralyzed, now I can see the demons and spirits and feel them attacking me. Our home was built on cursed land and is infested with demonic activity. Listen to me everyone, spirits are paralyzing you, Period! I know for a fact, they are everywhere and attacking people of the light, good, kind, happy and decent people. I've been told many times that I am a becon to the spirit world, I've had many spiritual events all my life, dreams come true, knowing things about people just by being near them and so on. Protect yourselfs and your children from these evil spirits, if you have to, move as I had to do. Our dream home still sits empty because I refuse to put other people in that hell home. Rebuke them in the name of Jesus Christ.
I've been dealing with this also since age 5. I always felt as if something horrible or evil was near me when it first started. My mother would tell me I was just dreaming ... if I felt afraid all I had to do was talk to Jesus, rebuke it in the name of Jesus Christ. I did this just as she said and it worked. Then it all changed when my husband and I moved into our newly built dream home. I've had to learn so much in the past 7 years. Not only was I being paralyzed, now I can see the demons and spirits and feel them attacking me. I can smell them. Our home was built on cursed land and is infested with demonic activity. Listen to me everyone, spirits are paralyzing you, Period! I know for a fact, they are everywhere and attacking people of the light, good, kind, happy and decent people. I've been told many times that I am a beacon to the spirit world, I've had many spiritual events all my life, dreams come true, knowing things about people just by being near them and so on. Protect yourselfs and your children from these evil spirits, if you have to, move as I had to do. Our dream home still sits empty because I refuse to put other people in that hell home. Rebuke them in the name of Jesus Christ.
When you were being shaken... I've experienced this also while awake. You must have been on your stomach? The spirits can't paralyze you if your face down, so, they rock you and try to make you roll over in your sleep. I never sleep on my back,
I also stared having experiences when I was very young, I didn't know what or why but I knew it wasn't good. My mom told me if I was scared in my dreams to say "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ", and they will go away. I am much older now and these things have increased with me. Tell your mom that you are having these things happening to you. You are very spiritual, good and kind hearted as I suspect one of those God has chosen to give special gifts and abilities. You should pray every night before you go to bed and learn how to protect your spiritual self by getting close to your angels and the arch angels, they are here for us for our protection. Stay good and pray everyday okay?
this is exactly the way I feel my mum and aunt feel the same and its great to hear someone else has the same thing, I fall asleep and literally feel paralysed,I can hear everything thats going on, I try to call my children to help me but I am not doing it but feel as if I am. Its a horrible feeling and a scary one. it felt like I was in this trance like thing for hours but actually it was about half an hour. Im only out of hospital after major surgery and need to sleep during the day but it scares me to sleep.
That breathing thing happens to me sometimes. I wake up and feel like I was just suffocating. I think maybe it's like sleep apnea, but I'm only 14 and I thought that only happened to older people. Btw, I don't get hallucinations or anything either, but I sometimes feel like I can't move or anything. It's crazy lol :)
Yeah im tired of this pinned down feeling too!! sometimes from being really exhausted, sometimes just out of the no where.. regardless the felling it *****, sometimes it feels medical sometimes spirtuial, i dont have the answer to this problem, almost three years now i still cant sleep with the lights off!! The crazy thing is when i do yell out in my mind the blood of jesus christ a couple of times the felling of being pinned down goes away, im to the point of not even being scared just really tired of it. i GUESS SOMETIMES ITS HARD TO NO IF ITS SCIENCE OR RELIGON.. keep positive and try get the negative stuff out of your life.. stress.. envy.. etc.. etc..
This "thing" has plagued me since I was 16. Doctors say its a pinched nerve. For the longest time I thought it was the paranormal. One time I was in a hotel and was discussing this problem with my girlfriends mother (who was traveling with us) That night it happened to her. She told me the following morning, it had never happened to her and she was scared to death... hadn't happened for a year after that. Now i moved 1,500 miles from home and its picking up again.

This is what I have gathered so far...

-There is a presence and it weighs me down so that I cannot do so much as raise a finger or yell out for someone to help
-Generally happens  less then 1hour after I drift into sleep
-Does no occur when I sleep toward the door
-I can feel it coming (ears) pressure builds and sounds like a building collapsing only its like i'm only hearing the force of the build collapse not the actual sound.
-Does not matter which side I sleep on
-Can occur multiple times in one night
-Never occurs when I leave a light on and face that light
-Does not matter where I am or who I'm with.
-Cats for some reason or another seem to stop this from happening (if in the same room)

Tonight was the first time I heard a voice, I couldn't tell you what she was saying, but i heard her and understood her at the time. I awoke laying face to face with my girlfriend. I asked, she did not say anything. In this instance I felt it coming and begun tapping her very hard and within 4-5 attempts to wake her i lost all control and was paralyzed. Then the pressure hit, usually its meek then hits all at once. This is the scariest part for me. the pressure does not build but pulses. I fell like someone is standing over me behind me. A dark figure. Then after who knows how long it stops abruptly seconds later i regain control and am thoroughly freaked out. Doesn't matter how many times I've been through this (35 and counting) It's the same. With the exemption of the voice i heard tonight. First time on this forum. Glad now to know it exists
I have has SP for years. I think it I may have had an episode when I was about 5 but first time it started happening frequently was when I was a teenager. I have tried everything to get it to stop and the only thing that helps is sleeping on my stomach. Ive only gotten it a couple times on my side but its really bad on my back. I never feel like I can't breathe. I have only once seen my covers move. My experience is almost always a feeling that something is hovering above me, next to me. I have also had experience with feeling like I am being pulled off my bed. I have been lifted to the ceiling. I had a boyfriend once who was very into spiritual life. He told me that it was an energy that I needed to except or try and overpower it and mentally squish it with your hands. I tried this. I had a ball of light in my hands and when I woke up I really did have my hands together. I have had a lot of peace with it since one experience in particular. While laying on my back on the side of the bed that my boyfriend normally sleeps on I felt a presence sit down next to me. I consciously knew I was having SP. I started to panic (like I always have done) and I can never explain it right but I heard a voice. It wasn't out loud it was in my thoughts almost. It said, "Why are you so scared of me?" and I immediately knew it was Jesus, or my imaginary Jesus. Either way, I had a short conversation with him about how I shouldn't be scared and if I had faith than I wouldn't be scared anymore. I felt a sense of relief and it was so real feeling, my physical body was still laying but he pulled me up and gave me a hug and layed me back into my body. And then he was gone. I woke up with a feeling of happiness yet sadness because I wanted him to come back. I hoped every night after that that it would happen again so that it could be more real but it never did. Since then when I get SP I just relax and I feel like Im being lifted away and then Im into my real sleep.
In the end with all my experiences I think that the best thing you can do if you don't like SP is to let yourself just fall asleep. I think fighting it is what makes it so real.  
Hi it happened to me 2 years ago. Then I turn myself to our Lord Jesus Christ and ask his forgiveness of all my sins...so after that I learn to pray 3x Our Father, 3x Hail Mary and 3x Glory be to the father......before went to bed also n the morning....Guys when it happen to you again just relax and call our Lord Jesus trust me then the devil will gone away and you will be ok again....We have to trust him with all our heart, he hears and he knows everything......I really do believe is all the bad spirits who is trying to destroy us....Guys sorry if my english is so bad :(....I wish I could explain this more better....May God Bless you all! Josephine
i have had the experience of being paralyzed at night and usually when i get released from the paralysis it is a triple digit time like 111 am, 222 am or 333 am.  And i have pointed this out to my husband and he looks at the time when i get up at night and it never fails.

This type of thing has been happening to me for a few years now. I went through a stage about a year ago when I was getting them every night just as I went to sleep. They started as a feeling of paralysis where I couldn't move or fully open my eyes, and there would always be some kind of presence in my bedroom, usually at the bottom of my bed. I could never see what it was, but I knew I was in my bed and could sense it there. Over time they got worse and worse, where I would be dragged to the bottom of my bed and go on for what seemed like ages. I was totally terrified every time I got them, but I'd eventually wake up and be in the same position as I went to sleep in. They got so bad that I actually was swung round and round my bedroom by my feet, and the more I fought it the worse it got. I'd scream but no sound came out at all. I even felt like I'd stopped breathing sometimes. I never saw who or what was doing this to me.

I stopped getting them as much after a few weeks when I realised if I tried not to think about them before I went to sleep, they didn't happen. And they didn't seem to happen if I sleeping next to my boyfriend. So basically now I get them on and off every month or so, if I've been scared or worried about something before going to sleep.

The reason why I've only posted this just now is because the strangest thing has just happened to me. I'm really tired today because I've had a really busy few days and not much sleep. I've just sat down about an hour ago to write a couple of essays and ended up falling to sleep. I got the same paralysis thing, where I couldn't move, see or speak, but I could hear it raining outside. I then heard my little sister in the house even though she's gone out shopping today, and then heard her talking right behind me, all the time desperately trying to move and speak. I felt her tap me on the back and then woke up to find that she's still out of the house. Really strange as I've never had one that has involved a family member before.

Sorry if this is a really long and boring comment, but I think that these are really scary and I'd love to find out what causes them. I'm a medical student and very sceptical towards ghosts and all things like that, and I do believe it is a totally psychological process. I think it happens most when people have stress, are worried about something or are tired. So the best advice I'd have for anyone who suffers with this is try to get enough sleep so you're not overly tired, try to cope with or minimise any stress you may have and try to relax your mind before going to sleep!

That sounds like sleep paralysis which can occur from narcolepsy. Do you have excessive daytime sleepiness too? If so, you should go see a sleep doctor. I have narcolepsy w/o cataplexy but no sleep paralysis. I'm on nuvigil which works pretty well. I think Xyrem might work for sleep paralysis but I'm not 100% sure.
The things that you are experiencing is called sleep paralysis. It's very common.
Im Asian. I used to have sleep paralysis during my high school time usually happened to one of my afternoon nap. I somehow felt here is heavy things on my chest, couldn’t move, my throat was blocked, dare not open my eyes and I was frightened. It never occur again until 7 years later where I was suddenly awake middle of the night, I couldn’t move, heavy things on my chest, I try to scream for my friend who is sleeping right next door but it doesn’t work, my eyes was closed and I can hear someone was walking outside clearly like dragging their feet and when I was about to open my eyes I saw dark shadow surrounding me. I was feared and I closed my eyes and forced myself to sleep again. I told my friend about this incident on the next morning and she asked me to pray and burn joss stick and pray outside the house but I refuse to do that. Coincidently it was ghost festival everywhere was surrounded with joss sticks, peoples are praying and burning papers and red candles, its kind of scary cause im not used such environment. I‘m kind of freak out if the dark shadow if it is relate to ghost festival and it is hard for me to accept, Im not superstitious and I don’t really believe by burning joss stick it will not occur again.
I’m curious so I did find out from my friends and colleagues but mostly told me ghost, evil things on you. I rather choose not to believe it cause it is only makes me scared to sleep. And I was peaceful again and experieced some nightmares or weird dreams.
This never happened again until 25th June 2012, I was too tired but still force myself to study for the next day exam. I was too tired half way of study I fall asleep somewhere between 9.30pm and I was awake again by 10pm and I study again and I fall asleep again by 11.30pm so I tell myself I need to sleep as my body can no longer take it. I can say I fall asleep less than 5 seconds. Im sure it was a deep sleep REM cause dream occurred. Suddenly my eyes open and I found my body can’t move, I couldn’t talk and I was nervous and tried to scream and after trying for like about 3mins I managed to produced sound sort of like after sniffing helium gas and I tried to move my right carpals it somehow work. After doing that for like 5 mins my brother heard my screaming and shake my leg and I was able to move again. The entire incident lasted for less than 8 minutes.
On the next day, I decided to find from internet if someone out there having the weird scenario as me and I was relief cause Im not the only person out there. Yesterday night I tried to sleep in different position instead of sleeping on my back but nothing happened.  This time Im not frightened cause I’m a medical student and I study forensic so I can convince myself
with all the medical stuff that I have learned.

Just wanna share this, so do not feel feared it was just a nervous system of your body that is not moving smoothly as there are so many reaction takes place at the same time in your body :)

Your whole theory is based on facts and science, because you choose to believe that; and also cause you are reluctant to accept that it can not be anything else right! Men going to the moon, cloning, small gadgets that would allow people to communicate with other human beings across the world, all these things and others were view as science fiction and often people were ridicule for having an opened mind that these things could actually be possible some day.
So tell me! Why does a small percentage of people are affected by this sleeping disorder?
Also, if you weren't in a medical field, would your feelings and views change?
I don't believe in the whole praying thing or that it would help me some how sleep better or keep evil spirits away, but you have to admit that there is a very peculiar thing happening here.

I was attacked before I was one and I didnt expect I managed to be one of them today. I personally feel hings can be strange sometimes. Life is complex but at least it is predictable.

I believe this incident may happen on and off to many people and maybe data was not disclosed or incident wasnt recorded and there many possibilities out there especially neuro science. There are many things captured in our brain before it eventually happened.

In term of scientific, sleep paralysis can be also genetically inherited. I recently just found out my mother used to have this during her afternoon nap. Could it be coincident or genetic? My father and the rest of my siblings doesnt have it.

This can happened to maybe small percentage of people, our brain is kind of strange sometimes especially there are so many chemical reaction taken place at once, plus the lifestyle, eating habits, environment, sleeping habits it is also affect our sleeps.

If by having a positive lifestyle can help with your problem why not? You wouldnt want yourself having such a nightmare every night. After all, I believe sleep paralysis is multicauses, muscle tension, especially when you fear, worried of something.

If this happened to you again perhaps you want to try to move your fingers, toes little bit and slowly your upper and lower limbs it will get back to normal state again. I have done that and it works for me and some of my classmate.
I too have this issue, and the comment above about it being hereditary makes sense, my mother has this same problem. I have been to two doctors that have ran test on me, but have not been able to tell me what's wrong with me. If anyone has any specific answers as to what this is and what I can do about it I would really appreciate it.
I'm 13 my birthday was 2 days ago and i have this happen quite often but it's like i can FEEL it coming but when i try to move it's to late. It's like i know it will happen that day like something tells me as i'm laying there "I know it's gonna happen" 10 minutes latter i can't move lol.
I have been having dreams about the devil. I feel that their is a devil that be want me for just intercoarse.Last night, I'm not sure if it was a dream, but anyways I was lying on my back, I woke up to someone feeling on my breast, I thought it was my man but he was sleeping on my right side and I didn't see his arm over my chest or anything, so I thought he was his arm must be under me but I looked over him, both of his arms were tucked under his pillow so I went back to sleep and few seconds later I fell asleep and I felt that someone is touching me on my right breast and when I reached to slap his hand away( thinking at that time it could be my man but it wasn't ), As I was reaching for that person's hand I felt the arm and then all of a sudden the arm disappeared. I was surprise to see there was no one there. I went back to sleep and I was awaken by someone was trying to look at me through his hands shaping as if he was looking through a telescope. And I looked and I look at this person and he was trying to get my attention by looking through that hole and look at him. All I can see that his pupil is not normal it was like looking at the cat's pupil. I saw he was trying to hug me and then he look in to that hole to for me to look at him and all I can see is him saying that he has to go  with tears drop on his left eye and he was drifting away and I felt like two demons were trying to bite my fingers. At first it was my nose, and I' can feel there sharp teeth trying to bite off  my fingers  and  so I was struggling with these 2 heads that were biting me and called out to Jesus to give his strength to fight these demons and kept repeating "Jesus runs through my blood" and then they disappeared.

My question is why do my dreams or what ever they are called feels so real?
     I'm 29 and my experiences started about 2 years ago with feeling someone/thing grabbing me by the ankles and yanking my legs down onto the bed (sleeping on my back). Since then, my symptoms/experiences have included feeling as if someone has been in the room looming over me (multi-positional), feeling someone/thing walking on the bed with their feet on either side of my body (on my back), walking up one side of my body (I could feel their toes touching me, also sleeping on my back), shaking the bed (sleeping on my stomach), and this morning, while sleeping on my stomach/side,  I heard a deep guttural voice speaking a language I couldn't understand. He/it was breathing harshly, almost bull-like. I prayed the Lord's prayer and it didn't stop.
     On several occasions I have smelled what I thought was asphalt, but I have now come to the conclusion that it was probably sulfur. Nothing else can explain how strong it was, especially since there is no road construction going on anywhere near where I live.
    Besides, one occurrence of the sulfuric smell, none of this has ever happened with my husband in the bed. Neither of us is very spiritual or religious, but I am starting to feel as if I'm being warned....
    The next of the 5 senses to fall into place is sight. Then what? I'm not sure I want to find out.
I experience this but a little differently when i sometimes sleep i feel as if i cannot move nor breath its very terrifying and i feel that i am at deaths door step i dont know what to do its been happening my entire life and the older i get the worser it gets
Ok.. Im 22. This has been happening to me on occasion for years now. Usually when I lie on my back. Last night however it happened when I lay on my side. I am totally paralyzed but I can open my eyes. I always get the sense there is something dark moving in the room that I cant quite see or put my finger on, but i feel it there and its terrifying. I get shivers all through my body and feel constricted/ heavy. I usually try to wake myself up by moving or pinching myself or even yelling out. Sometimes I think I am doing these things only to discover that I've been dreaming the whole thing.

Last night I was so scared I started to yell out "you cant stay!" I repeated this in my head while in this paralysis and when I finally woke up the words kept turning in my head and I felt as if they had been said by someone else through me. I feel kind of stupid adding this part in.

I get that this sounds crazy.. I have never believed in ghosts or demons and I am not religious, but this is something I cant explain. Hopefully its just some kind of biological/psychological phenomenon.. it scared me enough to research it haha.
From just reading several of the comments on this page I have to believe I've been experiencing a similar phenomenon. It will often start randomly when I sleep. It forces me awake but Not completely aware. It feels like My entire body is humming or vibrating with jolts of energy the entire room feels like its buzzing. I'm not entirely bothered by this in fact often I will relax and concentrate on my body or the sensation I'm feeling and it becomes more and more intense. But Ive only gotten so far when I do this because what usually follows is EXTREME paranoia in the form of sensing something standing above my bed behind me. I've never actually seen anything during this because I sleep on my stomach and when I do open my eyes during one of these events I only really see my pillow and the wall I sleep next to.
Last night was the second time I have had this paralyzed feeling while being half asleep or half awake, whatever you want to call it. It happened maybe an hour or so after I fell asleep and I remember I was thinking about the spiritual encounters I have had. I recall the last thing I thought was "Why does this happen to me?" Then my eyes shot open like someone was going to tell me why, but I couldn't move. At first I felt fully awake and then I felt sort of lucid. I don't know why, but I feel like I sensed a woman. I remember my friend telling me the next time I have an encounter, to sternly tell the entity no or stop. I strained saying no over and over but no sound would come out so I kept repeating it in my head. It felt as though the entity was pressuring me, but I continued. Tried to lift my arms and called for my mom but nothing. I continue to say no and eventually decide going back to sleep is the best option. I close my eyes and then I wake up completely. The lights were on, tv was on. I was in my living room on the couch. Got up and went and slept with my mom. Had a hard time getting back to sleep and Im dreading sleeping tonight. The time before was similar except I was at a friends house. I opened my eyes and the room was dark. I see a shadow that walks over to me and stands over me. I try to get up but of course can't. The shadow does nothing and then I blink and its daytime. I can move again. I really hate this...
No offence but maybe you all should be checked out by A GP not in a insanity way but their are brain conditions which lose control over dopemine production while attempting to nap or sleep < this basically means your movement parts of your brain are asleep but the rest is awake

The only help I cam provide is when you are going sleep twitch your muscles once every 10 seconds this will help your brain realise when it is awake and when it is asleep but be warned that this can increase the amount of times you have a lucid dream if you dont know what they are then go to the following link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYSX51xBkos     hopefully I will have helped some people and not offended anyone in any way

And for the people who thinka ghost or spirit is watching them and tourmenting them or some other form of contact this is actually another thing you are going to want to get checked out this is a part of your brain that I Think is being too active, This is a defense mechanism created by the brain (so this is the reason why we have nightmares) to ake sure that we can be alert when a predator or renegade is about to atack us. It is only to stay aware nothing evil but like I said before I do not intend to insult anyone in anyway

When I was a teenager I always felt at night someone was standing over me with a knife If I would move they would stab me,(which they never did).Today i still have when I go to bed ,I have people whisper to me,shake my bed,touch me,see orbs in my house,a dark thin man shadow walk past my doors.but last night was the scariest ,I woke to be feel like I was being jolted or I dont know what to call it,I could talk ,I tryed screaming,I eyes were closed.Iws paralzed.Then I I woke up.Still stress by this I almost went o the hospital I thought I was having a stoke.Please what was that??
write me.  ***@****
My name is victor colosimo born 2/19/78Ever since i was six years old ive been having these types of things happening to me i Remember the first time it would paralize me and use all types of dolls or nick nacks to crawl and stair at me a  had to sleep with my mom till i was 27 i am 35 now and it just happend to me but ive been through alot in my life where this dark shadow told me it was gonna take me and i told him i belong to god it even used my family who passed away agaisted saying come with us and i rebuked it in the name of jesus one time it happend and i woke up out of it and i pulled like a grey portal out of it i was awake and i hit the grey like portal as it was shrinking this and the dayshavoos start getting closer were your telling the future the next day its crazy i tell u you cant move and this black shadow just holds u down i think hes the grim reaper to tell the truth...
these stories cant believe other people have these experiences.  mine started lately.  i couldnt sleep so i moved my mattress into my garagethat was made into a bedroom for my grandson.  i kept having dreams that someone heavy was slowly moving on my bed toward me.  i cant scram for help or look.  he leans on me and it hurts so bad i cant breath seems like a long time.  the next morning my aunt said whatt is that on your arm.  she had a dark bruise on her upper arm.  also we found a bruise on the top of her left leg.  this really worried us.we got to wondering who had died in this home.  my mom but she was sweet she would not scare us or hurt us.  then i threw a cup in the sink turned around and it hit me in the back.  am i going crazy?
This was a first for me last night at 49 years old - and the reason why I did some research and stumbled across this blog.  Had a terrible case of insomnia (not normal for me at all).  But after tossing and turning for 2-3 hours, around 3am, I FINALLY started to fall asleep.  I know because I just started to have a very vivid dream, and then I was abruptly awakened, lying flat on my back feeling like a huge weight was on my body.  Only lasted for probably 10 seconds, and then I started to recover from the feeling.  As weird as it sounds, I equated it to a feeling like "something just entered or went through my body" (just like another poster had commented).  I then got extreme goose bumps all over for 30 seconds or so as I '"normalized" and woke up completely.  Needless to say, it REALLY creeped me out.  Being a God fearing man, I started to imagine all kinds of not-so-good things, but was also kind of "cautiously curious" this morning as to what I experienced.  So I'm going with the medical explanation of sleep paralysis as it makes perfect sense (and each individual will interpret this type of event differently).  PS:  Reciting the Lords Prayer seems to always make any situation bearable.  It's all OK - we win in the end.  ;-)
I'm never asleep when this happens tonight I layed next to my girlfriend all of a sudden I felt like someone walked in my room my fan got really loud making a wired scary sound then I felt something just put a tremendous amount.of pressure on my body I could not move could not speak I prayed I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ three times finally I could move jus my hand to wake.my.girlfriend up and could barely get.the words out my mouth turn on the.light then it stopped in the past it was so violent my entire bed would shake one.tome my body was lifted off the bed electrocuted and.slamed back on the bed I feel like something is attached to me I need help somebody gel rid.me.of this.demon email me if you can help I can't take it.anymore more I always had a gift of feeling spirits and demons how can I control this my email is.thea.***@**** I'm sick my health is.bad.im afraid its.trying to kill me it has been going on all my life in never asleep when this happens please help
my friend I read your comments. My name is Chezlin I am from South Africa, and am 25 years of age. This morning I got home at 03h15 from work and went to bed right after I got in. I heard something running on my roof like crazy. It immediately woke me as it scared me but it is not the fist time. This thing on my roof has been their since I was like about 7 years of age.I also once saw a very very huge bright light coming towards me while I was sleeping about a few years back. This light made an alarm sound and it just got loader and loader and scared the **** out of me. Getting back to this morning, after I fell asleep again this being held me down. I couldn't see him or smell him but I felt him holding me down and my brother I fist screamed for Jesus. It did not go away, my body was frozen and send electrical shocks to my testicals. I fought and fought until I awoke. This happens to me only when my light is turned off? I had done some research on astral projecting aswell, please advise of what you think for I have been getting this for a few years now
Started when I was a small boy, maybe around ten.  We had just moved into a new big house.  During the night, I would feel paralyzed by a tight embrace that I could not shake.  After a while, it would stop and I could turn around to see no one next to me.  This happened to me well into adulthood.  A few years back, I found the nerve to say to myself if it happens tonight, I will fight and turnaround to look.  One night it happened again.  This time I found the courage to fight and turnaround only to find nothing behind me or in the room.  It has not happened since.  I've always wondered what could that have been.
Viewing 601-619 comments: