Sleep Disorders Community
Pregnant and Shaking in Sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Pregnant and Shaking in Sleep

I am 11 weeks pregnant and couple times this has happened now. In the middle of the night while I am completely asleep I will start shaking, my entire body, which gets bad enough that I will wake my partner but I will still be asleep. I am only aware of it because he has informed me of when it happens. He will warm me up by holding me and putting an extra blanket on me, and it will subdue the shaking. I am concerned not only for my health but the health of my baby. Does anybody have an idea of what is going on?
Are you sure you are shaking because you are cold or is he just putting a blanket on you because that is what he thinks the is problem?
Also can you define what you classify as shaking?

If you are shivering or "shaking" than it could be a circulation problem. On the other hand if you are shaking and your body is not actually cold that if could be a neurological problem. Regardless of of why you are shaking you need to get in to see a doctor. They should run test to give you a definitive answer.