Sleep Disorders Community
Real dreams
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Real dreams

I always experience dreams where when I wake up and I believe they are happening. A few examples :
1. I wake up in the middle of the night after a dream where spiders are crawling everywhere on my floor. I can not see the Insects but I think that they are there and cannot do anything because I'm so terrified.
2. There were snakes on me so I threw the blankets off and waited at the end of the bed and only could return after I took a broom and moved my sheets.
3. I am in a practice of a sport and cannot fall asleep because I will get in trouble. This sounds silly but I am actually in the practice with my team and my coach will yell at me if I'm not awake.

There are three examples of this happening. I usually cannot fall back asleep on the first two because I am so terrified. I am wondering what this is and how I can either treat or prevent it.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The symptoms you are experiencing could be due to an entity called Hypnagogic hallucinations, which are hallucinations that occur between sleeping and waking. This is the symptom of a sleep disorder called Narcolepsy. This sleep disorder is characterized by excessive daytime sleepiness, sleep paralysis, cataplexy where the person has episodes of loss of muscle function while awake, hypnagogic hallucinations and automatic behavior. You will need to consult your primary care physician, who may schedule you for a polysomnogram (sleep test) to rule out sleep disorders and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Thank you for the help. I do not experience any of the other symptoms but at least I know what they are.

Thanks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank