Reoccurring nightmare
I constantly keep having the same or similar nightmare! They are usually about me being chased either on my own or with my family by murders/people breaking in and having to hide and stop everyone from getting killed etc etc but I keep having them and I woke up and feel really panicky and have to literally put a lug on and double check the door is locked because its making me paranoid!
Please help?! Anyone know why this might be happenin?!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms of seeing things could be due to  sleep disorders “Nightmare” or "Night terror" disorders . Here the person experiences symptoms of bad, frightening dreams which interfere with his sleep schedules. Disorders related to dreaming could occur with REM sleep behavior disorders. Here the person acts out the dreams. This can be assessed by a sleep questionnaire and therapy is based on the severity of symptoms. If your symptoms persist, I would advise you to discuss your symptoms with your primary care physician who may then refer you to a sleep specialist for further evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.