Aa
A
A
Close
SEVERE DRY MOUTH WAKES ME UP EVERY FEW MINUTES< HELP!
I have NOT slept more than 20 minutes at a time for over a year, because I keep waking up from Severe Dry Mouth. I have tried all the reccomeneded suggestions: I drink tons of water all day long & prior to bedtime. My dentist suggested I use all the Biotene products, which I use but get No lasting effect from. I asked my doctor to Change my medications since they could be causing dry mouth-he says yeah, uh huh and does NOTHING!  Because of my inability to sleep more than a few minutes at a time & then cannot get Back to sleep, I am EXtremely SLEEP DEPRIVED. I feel like a Prisoner of War!!! My allergy dr suggested a sleep study, but the problem is I CANNOT STAY ASLEEP BECAUSE OF DRY MOUTH. NO ONE IS DOING ANYTHING TO HELP ME & I AM SO DISTRAUGHT!!!! I am very Upset. Lack of sleep due to DRY MOUTH HAS RUINED MY LIFE> PLS PLS HELP!!!!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1780921 tn?1462244109
Go talk with a sleep doctor about what you are experiencing. It definitely sounds like you are a mouth breather, which is not uncommon. I suggest that you ask about possibly using a CPAP Machine with a built in humidifier in conjunction with nasal pillows and a chin strap to keep your mouth closed while you sleep. That should help or prevent your mouth from being so dry.
Comment
Cancel
1780921 tn?1462244109
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources