Sleep Disorders Community
SLEEP TROUBLE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

SLEEP TROUBLE

I keep waking up in my sleep like every 4 hours and want to know if anyone else expierences this with anxiety and stress. I just want to have a full nights rest again.....Any suggestions???
I suggest that you think about good relaxing thoughts, and not worry about what is stressing you out. I have this happen to me a lot. but I learned how to over come this by thinking about other things that make me happy.
Hi, welcome to the forum, it seems to have chronic or idiopathic insomnia with sleep disorder. It starts in young age, onset of sleep problems tend to be associated with stress, anxiety, or circadian rhythm sleep disorders.

They may also be associated with sleep disorders (eg, sleep apnea, periodic limb movements), medical conditions that cause pain, psychiatric diseases (eg, anxiety, depression).

The investigations which will help to diagnose the type and cause for insomnia are Polysomnography, Multiple sleep latency test and Actigraphy. The therapy for this condition includes retaining of normal circadian rhythm by non-pharmacological therapy which includes; Photo therapy, maintenance of sleep hygiene.

You need to remain stress free and share your problems with some one close. Warm bath before sleep, mild music, fragrance, comfortable bed will help you. Also if you are getting tired you will have sound sleep in night.

Psychotherapy can also help you to learn how to cope and deal with the various stressors in your life. Do not worry, follow the above mentioned methods and the symptoms will alleviate. I suggest you to consult sleep specialist or psychiatrist. Take care and regards.