Sleep Disorders Community
SNORING

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

SNORING

My wife complains,i have been disturbing her with snoring for some time now.What is the cause of that and what i do to end it.
Sorry to say that is a complex question, sound simple but it isn't.

I my case I  think it is sometimes due to nasal congestion.  I'm sure you know if you have that problem.  The short term, a few nights only, relief from Afrin or similar nose sprays could be a good test if you have congestion.

You post if very brief.  Is the snoring a new issue, or has it been going on for a long time, and now your wife has said something.  

There can be structural problems that cause it, but I think those don't just "pop up", they are with us from birth or from some accident or illness - just a guess here.

More information would help get useful input, if you decide to provide more "case history" it may be best to start a new thread.
Well,i was there with my wife for about 30years now.Comment from her as regards the snoring started just about 6 months now.
It seems reasonable to assume the snoring started about 6 months ago.  Try to think if anything about you or your environment changed abut that time.  IF you can think of something there may be a connection, see if you can test it.

My wife says I snore when I sleep on my back, usually sleep on my side.  Your wife should be able to tell you what you sleeping position is when snoring, as a first test try to change the way you sleep.

Then there may be some physical change you body has undergone over the years - particularly in the sinus nasal area that causes the snoring.  If you can't find a home made fix, it may be best to discuss with you doctor who can look in you nasal passage and run some tests to see if there is a treatable cause.