Sleep Disorders Community
Scared and exhausted! Dreaming dead people...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Hello everyone!
I have been dreaming a lot lately. I always dream a lot and I remember almost everything from my dreams, but lately I dream a lot and all dreams include dead people. Those dead people are my grandparents or my grand-grandparents or some other dead people that I used to know. I remember all my dreams with all the details and that is so scary and I feel so exhausted! Every day I woke up with a lot of details in my head and I see their faces or so. So, all day long I feel so tired and my mind is filled with all those pictures from the dreams and like I am opssesed or something, I feel awful! And these people have died years ago, so it's not something that happened recently... I really don't know what to do to relax and sleep healthy. I work a lot, I have my everyday responsibilities, so I really need a goodnight sleep!
So, any suggestions, advices, similar problems?
Thank You!
I think you may be upsetting yourself because you may see these dreams as  evil or very sad portents. The more you obsess about these dreams, the more persistent they become. If you can take a carefree trip for a few days, do that. And if you can go with a friend, so much the better. You need to party to take your mind off the subject.
Thank you for your post!
I am going away this weekend on a mountain with my husband, so I hope I will relax a little bit!
I keep thinking about my dreams and I am so stressed seeing those faces and remembering all the details even when I am awake, so like you said, the dreams become persistent. But I am scared from their possible meaning and that's why I am even more upset!
I will try to relax and take my mind off the subject!
I don't think the dreams have any specific meaning. That is they are not foretelling the future.