Scarred Stiff ???
I have PTSD, sleep apnea and nightmares on a regular bassis but the most teriffying thing that happens is sometimes when I come out of the nightmare I am completely paralized.  It is horriable, unable to move, scream, or anything but I'm awake.  If anyone can help or knows what this is so I can read on my own I would greatly appeciate the help.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The symptoms you are experiencing could be due to an entity called sleep paralysis. When this happens in sleep the person has difficulty moving his hands or feet. This is the symptom of a sleep disorder called Narcolepsy. This sleep disorder is characterized by excessive day time sleepiness, sleep paralysis, cataplexy where the person has episodes of loss of muscle function while awake, hypnogogic hallucinations and automatic behavior. You will need to consult your primary care physician, who may schedule you for a polysomnogram (sleep test) to rule out sleep disorders and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.