Sleep Disorders Community
Sexsomnia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Sexsomnia?

My husband is 24 years old, he started preforming sexual acts in his sleep about three and a half years ago when our sexual relationship began, none of which he has any memories of. At first it was easy to just brush him off and he'd just roll over and continue sleeping, if not he was gentle, and I could wake him eventually. More recently, though, he's become increasingly violent in his sleep, impossible to wake up, and at six foot four and 220 pounds it's nearly impossible for me to subdue him.  Once he climaxes, he usually collapses and sleeps normally the rest of the night. Sometimes his eyes are open, sometimes they're closed, sometimes he even speaks, but he never remembers any of it. He acts differently during these sleep acts, he's never been violent towards me while awake, or anyone that I know of. I know that he has no memories of his first sexual experiences, and that it's possible that his has been going on much longer that the past few years. Is this sexsomnia? We need help, please? If a doctor or anyone knows anything? What should we do?
I am serious, anyone? Please?
I am 29yrs old and my husband does the exact same thing! Except for he doesn't get aggressive....well i guess you would say he does cuz he keeps up til I just give in and as you said sometimes he just rolls over, and 95% of the time he does not remember it but he does sometimes......I myself wonder why he does these things in his sleep? Ours too has been going on now for around 4 yrs. We've been together for 8 yrs with 3 girls...so I am just as confused as you QueenOfKings, hope someone can help us!!!