Sleep Disorders Community
Shaking in sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Shaking in sleep

I am 25 and in pretty good health.  About a year ago I noticed that while laying in bed before going to sleep, my body would start to tremmble.  It isn't enough to cause me to physically shake, but I was woried.  When I asked my girlfriend if she could feel the shaking, she replied "no".  This happens quite frequently and It has started to concern me.  I am not sure, but I could have sworn that one night my heart was beating as fast as the shaking.  I think this might be the cause of it, but I am not sure what that means.

Thanx
Mike
Mike,

Some people feel their whole body shake when they have palpitations (different heart beats).  If you have any lightheadedness, tiredness, blackouts, you should go see your doctor immediately.