Sleep Disorders Community
Sitting up while sleeping..why?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Sitting up while sleeping..why?

I am really confused as to why I do this. For the last 5 years or so I will sit up in bed and sleep. I don't wake up unless my husband wakes more or I have done it long enough that my neck aches from the postion I was in. When I was alot younder I use to sleep walk..or run , but then I stopped doing that and have had not issues until the sitting up started. It is keeping me tired and I am not sure why I do it or how to stop it. If anyone has anyideas or can help please respond!
Sorry, I have no idea why this is happening, but everyday when I wake up, I would be laying in the bed upside down, head at feet section.

It may be easier for you to breathe sitting up, then laying down.  

My suggestion is to visit pcp, to perform proper testing, and refer you to a clinic, if any abnormalities are found.  

Good luck !!