Sleep Disorders Community
Slamming pain during sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Slamming pain during sleep

There have been about three times in the last 4 to 6 months that I have been woken by a pain in my head that feels like someone slammed something like a hardcover textbook over my head. It's on the top slightly to the back and the pain turns to an ache afterward just like I had been hit with something.

I do suffer from insomnia, and I think I may have been finally sleeping after a few days of little sleep, but I can't be sure. The only other problem that has woken me from a deep sleep is a sudden feeling that something is wrong, then everything goes black, I quit feeling pain (I have Fibromyalgia) and feel like I'm floating. It's a wonderful feeling while it lasts, and doesn't seem related to the horrible pain. I think it may be sleep apnea, but I've recently been tested and don't seem to have it.

Thanks for any help that anyone may have.