???Sleep Apnea???
I am a 41 yr old female. I have been told by my boyfriend that I cut down a forest in my sleep (snoring) and I have offered over the last year to see a Doctor. He told me that its not that big of a deal. Than I started with night sweats and brushed it off as PreMenopause (my Mom hit Menopause at a young age). I awake 2-3 time to urinate a night now, and have been told my snoring has increased (to the point I find myself sleeping alone in the bed). The last several weeks I am finding myself extremely exhausted after getting 7 hrs + of good sleep, or so I think. I finally called my Doctor today and have an appointment Tuesday. I would love nothing more than to just stop snoring, but am fearful that it is something major like Sleep Apnea. Can anyone share their thoughts and experiences with me? I have decided that I will keep a sleep journal until my appointment on Tuesday.
I have sleep Apena and its not as major as one might think. It can usually be controlled with a CPAP or BiPAP machine.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Snoring by itself indicates a narrowed air passages. So, you could have obstructive sleep apnea and this is diagnosed with a sleep study. As you wait for your evaluation, you could avoid taking alcohol and quit smoking and try to sleep on your side as this keeps the airways patent. If any nasal blocks try to keep them patent with OTC nasal decongestants. And aim for optimum weight with exercises or long walks. Good Luck.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.

Hope Your okay now.

I wanna know if your doctor recommend CPAP for your snoring and if you have been diagnose with sleep apnea. If yes does your doctor recommend you to have a CPAP or BiPAP? these two are the only alternative cure to that.

I have been helping people to know their conditions and if your still having problems you can contact me i can recommend you specialists for that.
When do you really have sleep apnea/ I seem to stop breathing 13 times in 1 hour - it was tested in the hospital. I think this is not so bad - they adviced a protese for the chin, but its very expensive. Better to loose weight first? I am not tired at all - I only went to the doctor because twive I really choked during the night. Now I do not sleep on my back anymore, and it did not happen anymore also. What do you think? Thanks!