Sleep Disorders Community
Sleep and Overheating
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sleep and Overheating

Why is it that when I lay down to go to sleep my body temperature rises so much that I can't get comfortable?  My bed, sheets and pillow are too hot and I have to get out of bed just to let them cool down.  I have a ceiling fan on and the A/C is dowen so the room is almost cold but my body just gets hotter.  I am not on any medications so, no side effects from anything.

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas
Related Discussions
1355118_tn?1298568479
Hi, you are going through night sweats which usually occur when the resting basal metabolic rate is high. There are some causes which should be ruled out are anxiety neurosis, Lymphoma, Infections like Brucellosis, Pheochromocytoma, Carcinoid syndrome and Hyperthyroidism.

Even indigestion is one of the strong possibility i.e. acid reflux disease.
I suggest you to consult a physician and get evaluated for complete blood tests like ESR, differential count, blood counts etc. (serological and biochemical investigation), Upper GI endoscopy, 24 hrs gastric pH, thyroid profile and radio imaging abdomen etc.

Talcum, Aluminum Chloride with Ethyl Alcohol, Anticholinergics or Propantheline Bromide at bedtime can be used against prescription. The actual treatment would be treatment of the primary cause. Take care and regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank