Sleep causing leg pain
My calves always hurt when I wake up in the morning. When I take a nap during the day on the weekends, I wake up with the same pain. It happens even if I am only asleep for as little as 5 or 10 minutes. Anyone have any ideas about the cause.
i remember feeling like that when i had my growth spurt as a kid.  Sometimes it was from a cramp/spasm and i could massage it out.  how long does it last after you wake up?
Have you figured out what it is?  I have the exact same thing.
Your description suggests peripheral circulatory issues. I say "suggests". You need an M.D. and a work-up to know for sure. When you don't move there is an acidic build-up in the tissues, which sometimes causes this kind of pain. It's a "yellow flag" for a number of conditions.
Connie 1: It doesn't last very long, usually goes away once I get up and moving.
DamirK: Have you seen anyone regarding it?
caregiver222: I told my Dr. at my last physical who said he didn't know. Do you think I should see a specialist. What kind deals with circulation issues?
Thanks to all of you.