Sleep Disorders Community
Sleep paralysis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Sleep paralysis?

The other morning, i had been drifting in and out of sleep. This is when i had a terrifying experience, i heard footsteps just out in the hall, i was aware that nobody was in but thought i was imagining it but realised i couldn't move. After hearing the footsteps again, i became scared and tried to turn round to look at the door that i was aware was open but found i couldn't, i felt really heavy and couldn't move a muscle. I could see my room, but assumed i was dreaming, i can remember thinking to myself im dreaming wake up and trying my hardest to wake up but just could not move. I then heard a terrifying sound, it was really loud but i can't remember the sound enough to describe it. When i was finally able to move, the sound stopped but i could still barely move and felt really heavy struggling to move around, i also seen somebody in the hall, but they were part behind the wall. It seemed so real but i still thought i was dreaming. Is this sleep paralyis? From what i've read when you expierence sleep paralysis you are aware that you are awake, and i've read nothing of feeling really heavy afterwards yet still moving.