Sleep Disorders Community
Sleep talking and yelling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Sleep talking and yelling

Last night, I remember first waking up after yelling "Guys!" after a vivid dream were I was being made fun of. I know that I was yelling because I heard the echo bouncing off the wall and a couple of doors opening. Then twice, I had a dream where I was calling my mother about my sleeping yelling, then waking up talking. Then I woke up while punching the air. I clearly remember most of the dreams of that night.
I am 21 years old, female and just moved into a dorm for the first time. My first event was after going to orientation during this summer and was told by my mother that I was yelling in my sleep. I have generalized and social anxiety and currently taking Celexa 40 mg and Wellbutrin 150 mg, both in the morning for it. I have also had chronic drowsiness for the past 9 years. It is quite severe enough to compromise my thinking and causes me to fall asleep in class. I also oversleep, sleeping from 8-18 hours. I take Adderall (adderrall) 15 mg twice daily and four times a week when I have the most classes to keep awake. It works pretty well and I feel great when I'm on it. I can't take it everyday, because my tolerance builds up quickly if I do.
I also wake up 3-10 times a night spontaneously. In addition, I have very weird, colorful, vivid, psychedellic dreams that make no sense at all.
I have had a polysomnograph, but it revealed nothing but idiopathic hypersominia and spontaneous awakenings believed to be due to the Adderall (adderrall). However, the awakenings occur during the summer, when I don't take Adderall (adderrall).
I have also been having a low-grade fever around 99.0 - 100.0 F for about a month, though I don't believe it is related.
The sleep talking and air punching doesn't bother me, but the yelling is bothersome, being that I live in relatively new building with paper-thin walls. I do not want to be a nuisance to my neighbors.
I am wondering if this is due to the stress of moving or any of my medications. I am also wondering if there are any possible ways to stop the talking, especially the yelling (besides tape), if this were to continue.