Sleep Disorders Community
Sleep talking and yelling
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sleep talking and yelling

Last night, I remember first waking up after yelling "Guys!" after a vivid dream were I was being made fun of. I know that I was yelling because I heard the echo bouncing off the wall and a couple of doors opening. Then twice, I had a dream where I was calling my mother about my sleeping yelling, then waking up talking. Then I woke up while punching the air. I clearly remember most of the dreams of that night.
I am 21 years old, female and just moved into a dorm for the first time. My first event was after going to orientation during this summer and was told by my mother that I was yelling in my sleep. I have generalized and social anxiety and currently taking Celexa 40 mg and Wellbutrin 150 mg, both in the morning for it. I have also had chronic drowsiness for the past 9 years. It is quite severe enough to compromise my thinking and causes me to fall asleep in class. I also oversleep, sleeping from 8-18 hours. I take Adderall (adderrall) 15 mg twice daily and four times a week when I have the most classes to keep awake. It works pretty well and I feel great when I'm on it. I can't take it everyday, because my tolerance builds up quickly if I do.
I also wake up 3-10 times a night spontaneously. In addition, I have very weird, colorful, vivid, psychedellic dreams that make no sense at all.
I have had a polysomnograph, but it revealed nothing but idiopathic hypersominia and spontaneous awakenings believed to be due to the Adderall (adderrall). However, the awakenings occur during the summer, when I don't take Adderall (adderrall).
I have also been having a low-grade fever around 99.0 - 100.0 F for about a month, though I don't believe it is related.
The sleep talking and air punching doesn't bother me, but the yelling is bothersome, being that I live in relatively new building with paper-thin walls. I do not want to be a nuisance to my neighbors.
I am wondering if this is due to the stress of moving or any of my medications. I am also wondering if there are any possible ways to stop the talking, especially the yelling (besides tape), if this were to continue.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank