Sleep Disorders Community
Sleeping problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Sleeping problems

I have had problems sleeping for a few years now. I usually sleep about every three days for about six hours. I have tried just about everything that they sell over the counter and when they do work I can only sleep for about two hours. I have talked to my doctor about it and he says that there is nothing wrong and that if I lay in bed long enough I will eventually fall asleep. Well that never works. At this moment I have been up for almost sixty hours and I am still not tired. My daughter is now having problems sleeping and she is on sleeping pills. I know that I cannot keep going on like this because it is not healthy. So should I find a new doctor that will give me something to help me sleep? What should I do? Please help.

This discussion is related to sleeping problems.
You say you haven't had any sleep for 60 hours, 2 1/2 days?  Then you doctor says that is alright?    Yes, I think it is time to get a second opinion, another doctor.  

Look for one that specializes in sleep problems, I assume there is such a specialty.  I don't think you could benefit from a sleep study, as one has to sleep for such a study, rght?