Sleep Disorders Community
Sleeping too long

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Sleeping too long

At night i cant sleep. Im always up until at least 2am then that means i dont get up until about 2 in the afternoon. and when i wake up i have pain behind my eyes. Almost like a pressure. But when im sleeping there is no pain. My sister says it because i sleep too much. Is this true?
Hi, your history is suggestive of Circadian rhythm related sleep disorders. Your normal day and night rhythm is altered. This especially occurs due to misalignment between the environment and an individual's sleep-wake cycle and is termed as Delayed sleep phase disorder.

Firstly, you need to be in daylight for long hours so that your body can regain the normal day-night cycle. Alternatively, you can stay in bright light during the day, which will help you to stay awake.

Secondly, you can try melatonin against prescription which helps your sleep cycle to bring it to normal. Even benzodiazepines or non-benzodiazepines against prescription are available which can help for early onset of sleep during night.

Some people after excess sleep get headache and eye pain. You need to change sleep pattern which is good for your health. If eye pain does not reduce after some days you need expert opinion of eye specialist and further investigation.

I suggest you to consult physician and eye specialist. Take acre and regards.