Sleep Disorders Community
Sleepy, tired, and dizzy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Sleepy, tired, and dizzy

For the last 2 years I have been completely run down and just tired of being tired.  It all started out 2 years ago when I started getting disoriented and I guess dizzy, and then I noticed that my memory had started to diminish.  My symptoms over the last 2 years have been; anxiety, sweatiness, dog tired, severe memory problems, problems finishing simple tasks, waking up late for work, being extremely lazy, and more recently which is the reason I am writing this is that I get these sudden head rushes and I feel as if Im going to pass out and die.  For the last week I have been getting randomly dizzy and severely disoriented to where I can barely talk.  I can't live like this anymore, it has taken its toll and it seems nobody can figure out what is wrong with me.  These dizzy spells I get are very weird, I start feeling flush and I get this pulsating in the right side of my brain(so it feels) and then I get super disoriented and feel as if Im going to just crumble.  I do not know what the problem is but any help would be awesome.  I was sliding by for 2 years because nobody knew what was wrong with me, but now I am getting dizzy or something weird like that and it is getting to bad to handlw.
I had similar symptons and had my doctor refer me to a sleep clinic for a polysomnography or sleep study which diagnosed me with UARS - Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome, a sleep breathing problem.  Check out Dr. Steven Park (he is a doctor on this site and specializes in sleep breathing disorders)  here is a link to his website describing UARS:

http://www.westside-ent.com/uars.html