Sleep Disorders Community
Something like sleep paralysis when awake?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

5 to 15 years ago, I experienced about a dozen of sleep paralysis episodes, while sleeping on my stomach, which I typically do, and with the feeling of a whole bunch of weight on my back.  Sometimes it even seemed like an entity.

In recent years, I have had a couple of experiences that really make me wonder.  I have been up and wide awake when I felt like a crushing weight or pressure had me flat down - pressed to the ground on one occasion and onto the table I was sitting at on another.  I haven't found any references to this kind of experience.  Any ideas?
Tags: awake, Weight
A new tale to me ... what other symptoms do you have: e.g., dizzy, shortness of breath.. before and during the pressure event.  Do you have hearing and/or balance problems when not feeling the pressure?

I take you to say the pressure pushed you to the ground/floor, did you struggle to stay erect or did you immediately collapse?  Or, did the force throw you to the floor, like falling?

There are many things that could cause a person to lose the ability to stand, or even sit upright, but the presser/weight seems out of most problems I can think of, above.