Son had stroke in July and now can't sleep`
My 31 yr old son has a stroke in July, at first he slept all the time. Now he can't get to sleep or stay asleep. Any noise wakes him up. This has been happening since October. He couldn't even enjoy the holiday, all he wants to do is sleep.
I don't know your son's medical history or the cause of his stroke, but I would ask the doctor if his sleep issues could be sleep apnea. It can cause difficulty sleeping and increases ones risk of stroke. May be a long shot, but if that hasn't been investigated, it should be discussed. I would make sure he does not take ANY medication to help him sleep until it is absolutely proven he does not have sleep apnea. It could put him at risk. Or it may be he is on a medication with the known side effect of sleep disruption. His pharmacist should have that information.