Sleep Disorders Community
Stopping valium and trying Melatonin?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stopping valium and trying Melatonin?

I have suffered for many years not being able to sleep. For several years now I have been taking either valium, clonazapam, diazapam, usually 30-40mg.  It was suggested to me by my daughter who takes care of autistic children, that I should try Melotin, but I am on other medication, like anti-depressants and seroquel to name the main ones, and I am worried that I will either have a seizure (again), or go through the withdrawls.

Any opinions would help, or if you have changed over to natural medicial sleep aids, please let me know how it worked out for you.

Thanks!!

This discussion is related to Expert Interview: Michael Goldman of SleepGuide.com.
I can only suggest if you come off any meds to do so under your doctors supervision and instruction. I quit a med once abruptly and it turned out to not be a wise choice. I take Melatonin, but only a small dose as anything more than 1.5 mg makes me sleep worse and have bad dreams. Start small to see how much you can tolerate and slowly increase. Has a sleep study been done to try to identify the cause of your sleep issues?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank