Struggling to sleep
I work at night and sleep at daytime but I can only sleep 3 to 4 hours of sleep and I know this is not enough. Sometimes I have this sleep paralysis lately. I try to take melatonin at day but still I can only sleep 4 hours. Can somebody help me, or a 4 hour sleep is enough? Please help. Thanks
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The sleep requirements vary for individuals and also they vary with age. However on an average for an adult 6-8 hrs of sleep is required. If on awakening you are refreshed and can carry on your activities without any tiredness then your sleep is adequate.

There is a circadian rhythm for all living organisms. It is a 24 hour cycle rhythm and the biological clock within that individual adapts to this rhythm. You have set your rhythm in a particular way which suits your modes of work. To change this it will have to be a gradual process. You will have to reset the rhythm. For e.g. if you want to start getting up earlier, you will have to sleep earlier by say one hour and set an alarm for the time you want to get up. Continue this for some time. Then reset by another hour and repeat the process. This way you can reset your biological clock. It will help you to sleep better.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.